20 Additional Local Charities Announced as 2019 Heart of Canal Street Recipients
FUNDRAISING CAMPAIGN CONTINUES IN BINGO HALL THROUGH DECEMBER 12TH
As part of the 2019 Heart of Canal Street campaign, Potawatomi Hotel & Casino announced today 20 additional charities to receive contributions as part of this year’s fundraising drive, raising the total to 31 local organizations that will benefit this year.
The following charities were selected the Heart of Canal Street’s annual Random Drawing:
- 16th Street Community Health Center
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of South Central Wisconsin
- COA Youth and Family Centers
- Harry and Rose Samson Family Jewish Community Center
- Healing Hearts of Waukesha County
- Hope Center
- Islands of Brilliance
- Keep Greater Milwaukee Beautiful
- Milwaukee Chamber Theatre
- Milwaukee Tennis and Education Foundation
- Mount Mary University
- OMNI Enrichment
- Saint Francis Children’s Center
- Special Methods in Learning Equine Skills (S.M.I.L.E.S)
- Sunset Play House
- Team UP! With Families
- The Food Pantry Serving Waukesha County
- Wisconsin Community Services
- Vision Forward Association
- YMCA of Greater Waukesha County
Heart of Canal Street funds are raised primarily through Canal Street bingo games played during every bingo session. People can still take part in the fun through December 12. This year’s fundraising total will be announced during a celebration held at Potawatomi Hotel & Casino Monday, December 16.
In addition to the randomly selected charities, $100,000 will be awarded to Potawatomi Hotel & Casino’s 2019 “Charity of Choice,” Sojourner Family Peace Center. Ten “Signature Charities” were selected by the program’s media partners earlier this year.
- ACTs Housing—presented by BizTimes
- ALS Association of Wisconsin— presented by Lamar Outdoor
- Arts at Large— presented by 88nine Radio Milwaukee
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Metro MKE— presented by WITI Fox 6
- Girls On the Run— presented by Fox Sports Wisconsin
- Kids Matter, Inc.—presented by Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
- Sharp Literacy— presented by Clear Channel Outdoor
- Special Olympics— presented by WTMJ TV
- Special Spaces— presented by Good Karma Brands
- Zachariah’s Acres— presented by CBS 58
Since its inception in 1994, the Heart of Canal Street initiative is proud to have donated more than $19 million, including $1.1 million last year, to help fund hundreds of programs helping children throughout southeastern Wisconsin.
For more information, please visit www.paysbig.com/heart.