Twenty area children's charities randomly selected to participate in Miracle on Canal Street
They provide meals for hungry children. They make sure our youngest and most vulnerable have a safe place to stay. They give our youth a more well-rounded education by exposing them to the arts.
And now, Potawatomi Hotel & Casino is helping fund the great things 30 local children’s charities do through its signature community program, Miracle on Canal Street.
Twenty of those organizations from around southeastern Wisconsin were randomly selected Thursday to benefit from the property’s annual program.
“Once again we’ve selected a tremendous group of charities to take part in this year’s Miracle on Canal Street,” said Potawatomi Hotel & Casino Bingo Director Melanie Martin. “It never ceases to amaze me how many wonderful organizations we have in southeastern Wisconsin doing such great things for our youth. We’re so pleased to help fund these efforts.”
This year’s Miracle on Canal Street randomly selected charities include:
- Advocates of Ozaukee, Saukville
- Audio & Braille Literacy Enhancement, Milwaukee
- Autism Society of Southeastern Wisconsin, Wauwatosa
- Boys & Girls Club of Kenosha, Kenosha
- Broadscope Disability Services, Milwaukee
- Caledonia Conservancy, Ltd., Racine
- Central City Churches, Inc. Outreach Ministries, Milwaukee
- Danceworks, Inc., Milwaukee
- Discovery World, Milwaukee
- Diverse & Resilient, Milwaukee
- Focus on Community, Racine
- Junior Achievement of Wisconsin, Milwaukee
- La Causa, Inc., Milwaukee
- Milwaukee Kickers Soccer Club – America SCORES Milwaukee, Milwaukee
- Next Door Foundation, Milwaukee
- Old World Wisconsin Foundation, Eagle
- Parents Place, Inc., Waukesha
- Peace Learning Center of Milwaukee, Milwaukee
- Starting Point of Ozaukee, Inc., Grafton
- VSA Wisconsin, Milwaukee
In addition to the randomly selected charities, 10 signature charities selected by the program’s media partners were announced in August. They include:
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Milwaukee presented by Lamar Outdoor
- Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin presented by Clear Channel Outdoor
- First Stage presented by Milwaukee Business Journal
- Make-A-Wish Wisconsin presented by Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
- Penfield Children’s Center presented by Milwaukee Radio Group
- Safe Babies Healthy Families presented by Journal Broadcast Group
- Sojourner Family Peace Center presented by Entercom Radio
- The Parenting Network presented by WITI FOX 6
- USO of Wisconsin presented by Clear Channel Media + Entertainment
- Wisconsin Humane Society presented by Weigel Broadcasting / CBS 58
Miracle on Canal Street funds are raised primarily through special Miracle bingo games played during every bingo session. The fund-raising total will be announced during a special event held at the casino Dec. 12.
Since its inception in 1994, the Miracle on Canal Street program has made 552 donations totaling more than $13.6 million to fund children’s programs throughout southeastern Wisconsin.
Eligible charities applied during a call for entry period which closed in June. Eligible organizations must have 501(c) (3) status, serve a primary client base of children younger than 18 and be located within Milwaukee, Racine, Washington, Waukesha, Ozaukee, Dodge, Jefferson, Kenosha, Sheboygan or Walworth counties. A complete list of submission guidelines is available at www.paysbig.com/miracle.
About Potawatomi Hotel & Casino
Set in the heart of Milwaukee, Potawatomi Hotel & Casino is Wisconsin’s premier entertainment destination, offering guests the best in gaming, dining and entertainment. The property features a luxurious 381-room hotel, seven award-winning restaurants, the intimate 500-seat Northern Lights Theater and more than 60,000 square feet of event space. Potawatomi Hotel & Casino is committed to raising awareness of the risks of problem gambling, maintaining a level of first-class customer service, while investing in its most valuable asset – its 2,900 multicultural employees. Through the Forest County Potawatomi Foundation and Miracle on Canal Street, the casino supports numerous local charities and community organizations. To discover more, call 800-PAYS-BIG or visit www.paysbig.com.