20 Local Charities Announced as 2018 Heart of Canal Street Recipients
FUNDRAISING CAMPAIGN CONTINUES IN BINGO HALL THROUGH DECEMBER 13TH
MILWAUKEE (Nov. 13, 2018) – As part of the its 25th-annual Heart of Canal Street campaign, Potawatomi Hotel & Casino announced today 20 additional charities to receive contributions as part of this year’s fundraising drive, raising the total to 31 local organizations that will benefit in 2018.
The following charities were selected today as part of Heart of Canal Street’s annual Random Drawing:
- Adoption Choice, Inc.
- Aurora Family Services
- Bong Naturalist Association
- Boys & Girls Club of Kenosha
- Elevate, Inc.
- FRIENDS, Inc.
- Good Friend, Inc.
- Helping Hands Healing Hooves
- Kenosha Human Development Services Inc.
- Kyle’s Korner – The Reiman Center for Grieving Children, Teens
- Lutheran Social Services of Wisconsin and Upper Michigan
- Milwaukee Kickers Soccer Club
- Ozaukee Family Services
- Parents Place, Inc.
- Prevent Blindness Wisconsin
- Schauer Arts & Activities Center
- The Threshold, Inc.
- Wisconsin Adaptive Sports Association
- Woodland Pattern Book Center
Heart of Canal Street funds are raised primarily through Canal Street bingo games played during every bingo session. People can still take part in the fun through Dec. 13. This year’s fundraising total will be announced during a celebration held at Potawatomi Hotel & Casino Monday, Dec. 17.
In addition to the randomly selected charities, $100,000 will be awarded to Potawatomi Hotel & Casino’s 2018 “Charity of Choice,” Pathfinders Milwaukee Inc. Ten “Signature Charities” were selected by the program’s media partners earlier this year.
- City Year Milwaukee—presented by Lamar Outdoor
- Danceworks—presented by OnMilwaukee.com
- Exploit No More, Inc.—presented by iHeart Media
- Hunger Task Force—presented by Clear Channel Outdoor
- Junior Achievement Wisconsin —presented by WITI-TV, FOX 6
- Lake Valley Camp—presented by WDJT-TV, CBS58
- Neighborhood House of Milwaukee—presented by Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
- REDGen—presented by Fox Sports Network
- Walker’s Point Center for the Arts—presented by 88nine Radio Milwaukee
- The Women’s Center of Milwaukee—presented by Entercom Media
Since its inception in 1994, the Heart of Canal Street initiative is proud to have donated more than $18 million, including $1.17 million last year, to help fund hundreds of programs helping children throughout southeastern Wisconsin.
For more information, please visit www.paysbig.com/heart.