The Forest County Potawatomi Gaming Commission Internship Program offers unpaid learning opportunities to members of the Forest County Potawatomi Community (Tribe) to enhance tribal sovereignty, gain professional experience and foster leadership skills within the confines of business and tribal government organizations owned and operated by the Tribe. While the internship program is not paid, a weekly stipend and hotel accommodations may be available to assist with participation in the program. In the program, you will have the opportunity to meet Gaming Commissioners and their staff, become familiar with the many duties of the Gaming Commission and observe each of its departments.
It is important to note that successful completion of the internship program does not guarantee employment with the Tribe, its operations or the Gaming Commission. An intern is not considered an employee or independent contractor of the Forest County Potawatomi Gaming Commission and is not covered under the Gaming Commission’s employment policies or Employee Handbook. The program is subject to change at Gaming Commission discretion.
An applicant must meet the following criteria for minimum program eligibility:
- Be an enrolled tribal member of the Forest County Potawatomi Community
- Be age 18 or older by the date the internship commences
- Have earned a High School Diploma or its recognized equivalent, or be enrolled and progressing in coursework designed to lead to its successful completion
- Satisfy the Gaming Commission’s criminal background check
- Agree to openly and actively participate in all program requirements
- Agree to abide by policies set forth by the Gaming Commission including, but not limited to, adherence to the Confidentiality Policy and Internship Handbook.
Participation is based in Milwaukee, WI at the Wgema Campus (Wgetthta Building) and at Potawatomi Hotel & Casino. The participation period will last for seven (7) weeks and will mainly occur between 8 a.m. – 4 p.m. With the unique, around-the-clock schedule of the casino, participation may be required outside of first shift hours.
For more information on the internship program please contact Gaming Commission Administration.