FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
You've Got Questions? We Have Answers.
Below is a list of frequently asked questions about our hotel, casino, restaurants, entertainment and more. If you can’t find the answer you’re looking for, please contact us and we’ll be happy to help you.
What certifications does the hotel hold?
Potawatomi Hotel & Casino is the first casino hotel in Wisconsin to attain LEED® Gold certification. Developed by the U.S. Green Building Council, the LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) rating system ranks buildings on their energy and water consevation, greenhouse gas emission reduction, improved indoor environmental quality and their overall environmental impact. Visit www.usgbc.org to learn more.
When did the hotel open?
The hotel welcomed its first guests on August 18, 2014.
Can I change or cancel a hotel reservation online?
Yes, you may change or cancel your hotel reservation by viewing your reservation online.
Do I need to provide my credit card information to book a hotel reservation?
Yes, a valid credit card is required to book all hotel reservations at Potawatomi Hotel & Casino. Your credit card will not be charged until you check-in to the hotel. Online transactions are processed through a secure server, which encrypts the credit card information, protecting your information from being disclosed to third parties. If you prefer to provide your credit card information directly to one of our Call Center Representatives, they can be reached 24 hours a day at 1-800-PAYSBIG.
What is Potawatomi Hotel & Casino’s cancellation policy?
Cancellations must be made by 8 p.m. on the day of your arrival.
Do you require an authorization on my credit card for incidentals?
Yes, a major credit card is required at the time of check-in. Your credit card will be authorized for Room and Tax & $50 at check-in to care for any incidentals that you may charge back to your room, such as dining.
What are the check-in and check-out times?
Check-in is at 4 p.m. and check-out is at 11 a.m.
Can I request an early check-in or late check-out?
Early check-ins and late check-outs are based on availability of the hotel and may be requested on the day of by contacting the Front Desk.
Do you offer special hotel rates for groups?
Please contact our Sales & Catering team at 414-847-7891 to learn more about special group rates.
Do you have a minimum age requirement to reserve a hotel room?
The minimum age to reserve a hotel room is 21 years old. A person of the minimum age requirement must be present at check-in time and become a registered guest in the room.
Is there a policy about children staying in the hotel or dining in the hotel restaurant?
Because the hotel does not offer gambling, there are no age restrictions. However, entry into the Casino does have age restrictions. Please see Casino House Rules for additional policies.
Can I reserve connecting rooms?
Special requests for rooms are accepted, but not guaranteed, based on availability the day of your arrival.
What services do you offer to those who have special needs or disabilities?
Potawatomi Hotel & Casino is proud to comply with the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA). We have ADA rooms as well as hearing-impaired rooms to accommodate your needs. Please see the features below and specify your needs when reserving your room.
ADA bedroom features:
- Lower bed height
- Lower thermostat
- Armoire with lower shelves for iron and hangers
- Telephone with volume controls
- Electronic room panel/hearing impaired in some rooms
ADA bathroom features:
- Lower counter height
- Grab bars in all bathroom areas
- Shower seat attached to wall
- Roll-in shower
- Removable hand held shower wand
Is smoking allowed in the Hotel?
No, the hotel property and all of our guest rooms are non-smoking. Smoking is only allowed on the gambling floor.
How do I find something I’ve lost or forgotten?
Assistance in finding a lost or forgotten item is available at our security desk on the casino floor.
What if I need to send or receive a package while I’m staying in the hotel?
Packages can be sent to:
Potawatomi Hotel & Casino
Attn: Hotel Front Desk
1611 W. Canal Street
Milwaukee, WI 53233
Please hold for: Name of Customer and arrival date.
Packages sent earlier than one week before your stay will not be accepted.
If you need assistance in mailing a package, please visit the Front Desk.
How do I obtain a copy of my winnings and losses?
Get your win/loss statements here. Simply select the year (or multiple years) and download from the online portal.
In-person win/loss statements are also available; you can request statement(s) in-person at the casino’s Fire Keeper’s Club® Sky Booth (near the skywalk). Just bring a valid photo ID.
Can I bring my child to the Casino?
Individuals under 21 are not allowed on the casino floor.
Guests must be at least 18 years old to dine at the Menomonee Valley Food Court, Bella Italiana and Canal Street Café, unless accompanied by an adult (over 21), because these restaurants are located on the third floor of the Casino or within the Hotel. See Casino House Rules for additional policies.
Is smoking allowed inside the Casino?
Yes, smoking is allowed in designated areas, including on the main casino floor. Although the state smoking ban does not apply to facilities on tribal lands, including Wisconsin Native American casinos, several years ago the Casino voluntarily designated several areas as non-smoking: all the restaurants, banquet space, the skywalk area, The Northern Lights Theater and specifically designated non-smoking gambling areas such as the non-smoking section of bingo, the Sky Lounge for slots, the Poker Room and the Off-Track Betting Room. In addition, our hotel and all guest rooms are completely smoke-free.
Can I bring food into the Bingo Hall to celebrate special occasions?
The Bingo Department is happy to have guests celebrate special occasions in the Bingo Hall, however, only a cake or bakery item can be brought in, and notification must be made one week in advance. You can make a request by leaving a message at 414-847-7960 with the following information: your name, date requesting and contact information. The Bingo Department will contact you to inform you if your request is approved or denied. If your request is approved, you will be given an approval code.
What are my dining options?
Potawatomi Hotel & Casino offers seven unique restaurants including Bella Italiana, The Buffet, Canal Street Café, Dream Dance Steak, The Fire Pit Sports Bar & Grill, Menomonee Valley Food Court and RuYi. Click here to learn more.
If you are a guest of our hotel, you may also order room service.
How do I make a dining reservation?
You can make a reservation for Dream Dance Steak online or by calling 414-847-7883.
You can make a reservation for Bella Italiana online or by calling 414-847-7626.
Can I bring a minor on property to dine in your restaurants?
All dining guests must be at least 21 years old to dine at The Buffet, Dream Dance Steak, The Fire Pit and RuYi. Guests must be at least 18 years old to dine at the Bella Italiana, Canal Street Café or the Menomonee Valley Food Court unless accompanied by an adult (over 21), because these restaurants are located on the third floor of the Casino or within the Hotel.
See Casino House Rules for additional policies.
When do tickets go on sale for the artists performing at Potawatomi Hotel & Casino? It is not listed on your website.
A performance date is often listed on the artist’s website before the schedule is confirmed with The Northern Lights Theater. We suggest periodically checking the entertainment calendar on our website at for the latest information.
Where do I purchase tickets to one of your shows?
How old do you have to be to attend a show?
Guests must be at least 21 years old to attend performances at the Northern Lights Theater, The Fire Pit's side bar and Bar 360. See casino house rules for additional policies.
Do you sell gift certificates for gambling?
We do not offer gambling gift certificates for slots, table games, poker or off-track betting. Bingo gift certificates are available at any Fire Keeper's Club booth in the Casino. Bingo gift certificates may be purchased with cash or credit cards only. The certificates are issued in denominations of $10, $15, $20 and $25 and have an expiration date of one year.
Where can I purchase a dining gift card?
Dining gift cards may be purchased at any one of our dining venues or at Sweet Grass Gift Shop. The Fire Pit Sports Bar & Grill has the most accommodating hours to purchase the gift cards, but any dining venue sells gift cards during their normal hours of operation.
Can I purchase a hotel stay gift card?
Hotel stay gift cards cannot be purchased at this time, however we hope to offer them in time for the holidays.
How can I change/update my address?
Address changes must be made in person at our Fire Keeper’s Club booth located in the Grand Lobby. Please bring a valid photo ID.
Why have I not been receiving the emails I signed up for from the Casino?
Please verify that you have added firstname.lastname@example.org address to your address book or contact list. View the instructions here. If you have not added this deployment address to your address book, chances are that the email landed in your spam box or was blocked completely by your Internet service provider. Please contact your Internet service provider to ensure this is the case.
How do I remove myself from your mailing list?
Will the Casino donate an item for my company’s fundraiser?
Donation requests and information can be found on our website.
How do I apply for a job at Potawatomi Hotel & Casino?
Please visit the careers section of our website to see a list of available positions. You may apply online for one or several positions.
Do you have wheelchairs available?
We do have a limited number of wheelchairs available for our guests. You may obtain a wheelchair at the front entrance of the Hotel by the Valet Kiosk. There is no charge, but you will need valid identification. Individuals will also need to manage their own transport.
Use this mailing / shipping address for shipments into Potawatomi Hotel & Casino:
Potawatomi Hotel & Casino
1721 West Canal Street
Milwaukee, WI 53233
1-800-PAYSBIG or 1-800-729-7244
To deliver a package to a guest’s hotel room, the package(s) must have this information visible:
- Sender’s name, company name (if applicable), sender’s address and phone number
- Guest’s name (please use only the name on the reservation), arrival date and/or reservation number
- Guest’s contact phone number
To deliver items for a guest’s event, the package(s) or pallets must have this information visible:
- Sender’s name, company name (if applicable), sender’s address and phone number
- Group, event or meeting name and date
- Package recipient’s name
- Package recipient’s phone number
- Number of packages shipped
- All packages may be subject to inspection.
- Boxes and parcels should arrive no earlier than one week (7 days) prior to the guest’s arrival or event.
- Package and pallet counts, along with carrier and tracking information must be given to the Potawatomi Warehouse at 1-800-729-7244.
- Upon receipt of goods, if Potawatomi Hotel & Casino cannot locate the package recipient’s current or future reservation, the item will be returned to sender or otherwise disposed of.
- Should a package arrive after a guest’s departure or not be claimed during their stay, Potawatomi Hotel & Casino will attempt to contact the receiving guest.
- If the recipient would like an item returned to them, Potawatomi Hotel & Casino will need a ship-to address and may request prepaid return labels or prepayment to cover the return shipping costs.
- If Potawatomi Hotel & Casino is unable to reach the recipient, unclaimed packages will be disposed of 10 days after the end of the receiving guest’s stay or event.
- Potawatomi Hotel & Casino is not responsible for the safe or timely arrival of any package you have sent to the property.
- It is the guest’s responsibility to check with the carrier about arrival issues and to verify any package contents are intact.
- Packages shipped after an event must be properly packaged and labeled.
- All packages must have prepaid return labels.
- Palletized shipments must be properly stacked and wrapped.
- Within one business day of the event ending, a completed prepaid bill of lading must to be provided and the carrier scheduled to pick up. Pick-up hours are 6 a.m.–2 p.m., Monday–Friday.
- Potawatomi Hotel & Casino accepts no liability for lost, stolen, or damaged boxes, parcels or palletizes items.
Drayage Shipping Fees:
Inbound / Outbound
- $35 per box (UPS, Fed Ex, DHL, etc.)
- $100 for pallets up to 48 inches long by 40 inches wide and maximum 84-inch height
- $200 for pallets larger than 48 inches long by 40 inches wide and maximum 84-inch height
Storage Fees (per week or partial week):
- $10 per box
- $50 per pallet up to 48 inches long by 40 inches wide and maximum 84-inch height
- $100 per pallet over 48 inches long by 40 inches wide and maximum 84-inch height
- Storage longer than a week (7 days) before the event’s start date is only by special arrangement and based on availability
Should you have any further questions, please contact your Group Sales Person.